A detailed summary of everything you want to know about The LIMU Company. (Including recent merger)
– By Zeth Owen
Thank you all for taking the time to read my experience with the LIMU Company, I appreciate it. Let me start by saying that this is my completely honest review of LIMU since I started with the company in May 2016 and will give my experience up till now.
As of right now,
7.21.2017 9.9/2019, I continue to be a promoter for the company, however I believe that my review will be MORE beneficial to you than 3rd party “unbiased” reviews because someone on the outside just doesn’t get the full scope of details that someone on the inside can give.
You might consider this review unfair, but would you rather read about a bull rider or meet him personally?
As you read, you’ll discover I’m honest about it all.
The LIMU Company, Itself.
My opinion of The LIMU Company has always fluctuated over the years as changes were made or as initiatives set sail. Generally, I’ve always felt the leaders sincere about giving promoters opportunity.
When I first researched the company I came upon reviews that indicated that the company had been out of FTC compliance in the past. However, much like many things on the internet these days it was not as it seemed.
The company does have an exceptional customer service team with regular hours and very small wait times of less than a couple minutes.
I have many customers and none have ever had any complaints. LIMU’s model makes it so that promoters don’t worry about customer service problems. I’ve never had to deal with any returns (#blessed).
The company is based in Florida and so is the customer service. One big attracting element for me was that the company isn’t publicly traded.
The LIMU Company has a solid brand and provides fairly good marketing materials.
I believe that the company has strong social media tools from promoters but lacks in educational videos for both the products and the business. Their brochures are very details regarding product education.
Updated: The company has intentionally focused on tools that help people promote via social media, text and email.
One of the latest updates is the companies introduction of LIMU University. This is an interactive video series to help new promoters launch their business. (Very good addition since I joined in 2016.)
The last thing I’ll mention about the LIMU Company is the promotions that they run. I have very little to compare them to but I’ve found that they’ve run 3 good promotions in the span of 1 year. Not super strong. Only one of those was customer focused.
The LIMU Products (New Limu Products 2019)
This is where I will be able to provide the best insight for you. I am a huge fan of LIMU products, but I didn’t start out that way.
I was first introduced to LIMU because I was consuming Red Bulls on a daily basis to get through the day at a job that didn’t challenge me and had me sitting at a computer like a zombie.
So I was given a “seaweed” energy drink and I was hooked.
A plant-based energy drink that costs the same as Red Bull? Yeah, count me in.
Anyways, the LIMU Co has only a total of 5 products in 3 categories. All the LIMU products contain some amount of their flagship product Limu Original. The “Seaweed in a Bottle.”
So What is Limu Original?
Limu Original is the result of hand-harvested seaweed off the Islands of Tonga that is cold-press extracted and put into a bottle with mango, papaya, pear and apple. This particular seaweed has a high concentration of Fucoidan.
Don’t worry, I’m not going to hype this up here. I’ll give you the facts about seaweed and Fucoidan.
Seaweed itself is an incredibly healthy vegetable. It contains the nutritional variety of a multi-vitamin but in a natural plant.
Fucoidan is a very interesting compound found in seaweed. You can learn about it here but the gist of it is that the stuff is only found in seaweed and no other plant. It has been studied a crazy amount of times, most with positive results. As a promoter with over 500 customers, I can say with a good deal of confidence that the products work for most people.
The LIMU Company has the following products as of
- Limu Original 5X (Released 2019)
- BluFrog Energy (Reworked 2019)
- BluFrog 2 Energy (Reworked 2019)
- Limu Lean Meal Replacements
- Limu Lean Burn
What does LIMU taste like?
If you are expecting a seaweed taste, you’ll be surprised it doesn’t at all. With ingredients like mango, papaya, pear and apple, expect a unique citrus taste. Some like the taste, some don’t.
Many customers of LIMU take their products because they help with a health condition. I’m not going down that road as I am a current promoter and I do not believe in hyping up specific foods like LIMU, but instead hyping up food as nutritionally significant!
Seriously, eating natural foods made by mother earth can prevent a lot and cure your body friends!
The LIMU Opportunity – Scam or Business?
The LIMU Company is not a scam.
Yeah! I know what you’re thinking… I’m a promoter, of course I would say that. Well, let me at least clarify.
The LIMU Company is just like any other business with a product, manufacturing, and distribution. What is often referred to as the “scam” is the method in which they market called MLM (multi-level marketing or Network Marketing).
What you think of this marketing strategy is up to you and I’ll let you come to that conclusion. I think that people and companies go through great lengths to conceal how and why this marketing method is used and works.
Do your research and see if you can stand behind it.
Details About The Limu Opportunity
Along with the products LIMU also offers a business opportunity with no prior experience requirements. The company calls this being a LIMU Promoter. As of 2019, you can start as a LIMU promoter by one of
four three options. (The first being not well-known.)
- You can start by purchasing a customer order of $100 or more of LIMU products and request to be a basic promoter. (You might have to do this by phone only.) This entitles you to the commissions generated by your customer network. No bonuses or other incentives.
- You can purchase a “Fast Track Pack” for the price of
$249(no longer available)/ $499 / $999. The two options unlock the entire bonus/reward trip plan for Promoters. Read the Promoter Opportunity Information for more details.
How Do You Get Paid In LIMU?
Ok, probably the most important for many of your readers of this LIMU Review 2019 is how promoters make money. Making money in LIMU should not ever be described as “easy money”.
From my personal experience, it’s easy to do the activities that make you money in the LIMU system and it’s easy not to do the activities that make you money.
Firstly, know that all the money that is cut for you in LIMU comes from the sales of LIMU products and nothing else. Even if you were to recruit another promoter, the commission is from the products they purchase to buy-in to the company.
So in the most simple form, you make money by the sales of products both directly and indirectly… did I just confuse things? Let me explain.
It’s simple, I promise. As a promoter you get a commission of 20% for each referral you personally make to the company that ends up in a customer purchase. This concept is pretty easily understood. In addition, by referring 3 purchasing customers your monthly products are free, about $120-150 value.
You make 5% for each referral to the company that ends up in a promoter purchase. This is a lesser % because you continue to get 5% on any referral that stems from your original referral. Think of it like this, if you refer a person that becomes a promoter, it’s like growing a new branch on a tree. As that branch grows, it sprouts other branches and becomes quite sizable over time with many smaller branches, hundreds even. You get 5% for each branch (referral) that all started with your original one. Watch this Explainer Video, it helps.
Promoter’s incomes in LIMU range from $0 to $150,000 per month. Wow, but don’t get too excited. The upper incomes found at LIMU are not easily obtained. All entrepreneurs work at different paces, but I can tell you with certainty that it’s going to require hard work over your career to achieve.
In my personal experience and observations, the people who do simple daily steps over long periods of time (2-5 years) are the ones that get recognized with big checks. I don’t see much secret sauce here, outside of just sticking to a system.
Limu Has Bonuses?
The LIMU Company offers bonuses based on the dollar amount of your entire customer & promoter network. For example, if you have three customers buying 100$ of product each, you’re at 300 volume. (Not including commission $ from your customers and promoters, just bonuses.)
The following are cumulative (I bolded the highlights) :
- 2k volume – Recognized pin rank (metal pin) and possible $500 bonus if done in first month of promoting.
- 10k volume – Another pin rank.
- 20k – Company pays you $600 per month for you to leash a Black BMW – See program here.
- 50k -Recognition on stage and a leadership experience fly-in trip paid for you and your spouse or business partner of 3 days 2 nights in Florida to see headquarters and get oriented to leadership.
- 100k – Recognition and a $10,000 bonus check. Additionally a paid for 5 days, 4 nights cruise to a tropical destination for you and your spouse or business partner.
- 200k – Recognition and a $20,000k bonus check. Additionally a paid for 5 days, 4 nights trip to the Bahamas for you and your spouse / business partner. (Reoccurring Annually)
- 300k – Recognition w/ $30,000 bonus check.
- 500k – Recognition w/ $100,000 bonus check. Travel the World reward trips of 9 days, 8 nights. They change this up but it’s always exotic. (Reoccurring Annually)
- 750k – Recognition w/ $120,000 bonus check.
- 1M – Recognition w/ $200,000 bonus check.
- 2M – Recognition w/ $250,000 bonus check. (No current promoters at this level as of 2019)
Phew! That was a good amount of writing. If you want to see the people at these levels check out Limu’s Leaders.
Pros & Cons (In my humble opinion)
- The culture in LIMU. Hands down the best part of being a part of LIMU is the people you’re with both locally and globally. In my experience, everyone has been super friendly, health focused and entrepreneurial. Which has been great fun.
- The simplicity. No product inventory, no marking up products, no developing marketing videos or material, no shipping stuff or taking orders. I blog about it, but it’s not necessary.
- The support. I’ve witnessed the company make a real effort to educate new people with online tools for you and your trainers.
- The money and rewards. It’s easy to see how to get paid and money earned here is different from money from a day job. (This video does a good job of quickly overviewing it). Also, earning rewards like the ones mentioned above is a pretty great deal.
- And of course, the Products. If you are into natural foods and like the research of the health benefits of seaweed, you’ll love LIMU.
- The industry. The industry of network marketing has a checkered past and is often associated with scams. I was brand new and never heard of this industry when I joined up with LIMU. I know, I lived under a rock I guess. Regardless of your opinion, know that many others have a negative perception and that can weight on some. (This video is awesome for understanding it all)
- The awareness. I had originally thought that since the LIMU Co. is not a huge and well-known business that I’d have the advantage of promoting something new and exciting. What I found was that since it’s unknown, you’ll have to put in extra effort to introduce it to people and explain from top to bottom it’s benefits.
- The work it takes. Now let me clarify. Doing hard work is never a negative and it’s the only thing that makes people successful in my opinion. I put this as a con because we are marketing low-ish ticket items and in order to get a decent income of $1000 or way more, you’ll be needing to grind it out. If you are passionate about it, this won’t be grinding.
LIMU merges with ARIIX: What does that mean for 2019 and beyond?
At the time of this writing, LIMU has just announced the merger with ARIIX that will roll out over the next few months. This isn’t a review of that company and I honestly don’t know anything about them yet.
It’s hard to tell the future, but this looks like ARIIX will be more of a “parent” company of the LIMU products.
This is probably good news for new and exisiting LIMU promoters, as they’ll have access to a whole new company’s product line. The lines seem to match the theme of health and wellness.
Is it a good or bad merger? I think it will be good for some and disheartening for others. I’m on the fence as I love being the “seaweed guy” and this might spread that thin.
You can learn more by visiting their website: https://ariix.com/
Conclusion: Should You Join LIMU?
The answer to this question, I believe, is dependent on two things.
1.) Can you see yourself standing behind the LIMU products? (people know fake, so don’t lie to yourself. 😀 ) Try the products before you join and ask yourself if you could represent them and the company in public.
2.) Do you understand what Network Marketing is AND can you handle the criticism that will ultimately come your way from others?
From my experience and to sum up my honest LIMU review for 2019, I will say that this company has been very good to its promoter base and seems to be growing very steady.
The owner is inspirational, there’s great company history, and great products.
If I were to give you the ultimate advice if you are considering LIMU, you need to use momentum and find ways to gain little wins. I spent 7 months doing the proven system when I wanted in my free time and didn’t take it seriously. I made no dollars…zero.
Who you join is just as important as everything else in this article. You need a mentor with proven success that will lead. Far too many good people fail because they don’t have these. If you want to go strong, email us @ email@example.com.
Please comment below and ask your questions!
The Limu Company – The Most Honest Review Online in 2019